I am currently commissioned to revise and create the ATOD (Australian Teachers Of Dance) Tap, and Street Beat Tap syllabus, with Paul Davis. Performing with ‘One Big Blur’ and “Three feet of Beat” and teaching at numerous studios around Melbourne. If you're looking for a guest teacher, workshops, or a routine, feel free to contact.
As a foundation to this, I began studying tap in Newcastle with the late Les Griffith, and won my first tap championship at age seven. Tap is my forte (27 years experience), however, I trained in Jazz, modern, classical and acrobatics as a child. Shane has been teaching and choreographing for 15 years in Sydney, Newcastle and now Melbourne. Shane was an integral part of the tap department at Brent Street Studios in Sydney for 4 of those years '02-'05, each year his fulltime routines won or placed at the "City of Sydney" eisteddfod. Shane has taught numerous workshops in Australia and Europe.
Performing and co-choreographing in several tap groups performing gigs throughout Australia.
- “Rhythm on Tap”
- “The Next Step”
- “One Big Blur”
- “Three Feet of Beat” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkL5-pAH0WM)
Stage performances include:
- 2008 – 2009 Collaboration Project shows “Inhale” and “Beat N Move Euphoric” as performer and choreographer
- 1999 – 2005 European company of ‘Tap Dogs’ touring England, Germany, France, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Venezuela and South Africa.
- 1998 Australian company of ‘Steel City’ touring Australia and performing at Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 1996 – 1997 Australian company of ‘Tap Dogs’ touring Australia, New Zealand, India, South Korea, Peoples’ Republic of China, Hong Kong and Japan.
- 1988 World Expo dancers in Sydney
-“Turn Onto Tap” an instructional tap dancing video with Jack Webster.
Other career highlights:
- With Paul Davis, commissioned to revise and create the ATOD (Australian Teachers Of Dance) tap syllabus.
- Teacher and student at the 2008 Melbourne Tap Festival
- 2008 Melbourne Tap Festival joint cutting contest winner
- Attended 2008 Los Angeles Tap Festival
- asked to perform at 2006 Melbourne’s International Tap Festival
- danced in two Fred Astaire Performing Arts Championships one of which was in Miami USA, in total received six gold medals, highest point score and three scholarships (Fred Astaire scholarship, Capezio Ballet Makers scholarship).
- competed and choreographed in countless eisteddfods