So, you want to be a reality TV star?
There are people literally queuing up to be on TV, as proven by the long lines of hopefuls auditioning for reality shows around the world.
By following the tips below, you'll have a chance to stand out and potentially get fast-tracked to stardom!
First things first, though: are you SURE you want to be in the spotlight?
If you get cast in a reality TV show, you're going to be public property – at least for a while. Your life will definitely change, and you may not be portrayed in the way you expected. Think it over, do your homework, and make sure you're prepared for the journey ahead.
When you apply
- Keep an eye on StarNow for top castings!
- Make sure the show is a good match for your personality and skills.
- Do your homework: watch the show you're auditioning for, so you know what to expect.
- When you apply, check that you've provided everything the casting director has asked for. Read the details thoroughly, and check out their website for more information.
- If you attend an open casting, be prepared for a long day.
- Read any contract 20 times – and get a family member or friend to check it too – before you sign.
Make your application stand out
- Take your time when filling out your application. Make your answers interesting and relevant. Tell a personal story that sets you apart from everyone else.
- In your audition video, show them why you're the perfect choice. Be creative; don't just talk to the camera - show them things, and pick a special location that'll stick in their mind.
- If appropriate, include the people who are important in your life – family, friends, co-workers, etc.
- Show your personal side, and include any hobbies or special talents. If you play the ukulele, play it! If you collect stuffed unicorns, film them!
- You're not recording Lord of the Rings – a five-minute video is more than enough. Remember, casting professionals view hundreds, even thousands, of applications
Has this answered your question? If not, please contact us