to these classics.
From New York City
New Voices in Classic Jazz 2020 all performances filmed in front of a live audience
New Voices in Classic Jazz showcases today’s new talent interpreting songs of the 1920’s through 1940’s, featuring songs by Cole Porter, George Gershwin, Richard Rodgers, Harold Arlen,
Vernon Duke, Jule Styne, Morgan Lewis, Burton Lane, and many other great composers. Instrumental Ensembles of piano, bass, drums, with occasional brass & woodwinds.
[To mix things up, we do at times feature more recent songs... check program.]
Produced & Directed by Robert Ogden
New Voices in Classic Jazz is a lean production. Performance space is a raw warehouse. In the middle of this raw warehouse a performance stage is constructed, stage lights are installed, and sound equipment is deployed. Yes, tables & chairs are available. That’s it. That’s THE WAREHOUSE STAGE.
The concept here is an on-going series of annual shows, for example:
New Voices in Classic Jazz 2020; New Voices in Classic Jazz 2021; New Voices in Classic Jazz 2022
• All performances will be captured with a minimum of 5 HD Video Cameras.
• Video & audio will be synchronized. Audio recorded to a ProTools system capable of 64 A/D in.
• Audio recorded at 24Bit/96Khz, and for delivery down sampled to 24Bit/48Khz.
• For audio recording of each show, up to 64 microphones may be used, assigned to 64 separate audio
channels in ProTools.
• Entire shows: performers, audience reactions, and ambience will be captured on video & audio.
• Artists recordings will be distributed via TEMPEST RECORDS / Entertainment Productions Ltd, as per a
50/50 shared income agreement between Vocalist & Entertainment Productions Ltd.
The Live and/or Taped Shows will be presented for partnership with SHOW TIME; NETFLIX; & AMAZON.
Vocal auditions begin Aug 1, 2019 for the 2020 season.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesTo Be Announced
Paid - $100-$200 per 25 minute set on stage.
Solo vocal performers
You must have the ability to PERFORM A SONG! That's the only requirement. We will get back to you regarding audio places/times.
Anyone, aged 18 and over
- YouTube: Must have a YouTube account
Applications closed 1 September 2019.