In case you're hungry to work on something during this slow time, I thought it would be nice to make a film together remotely. Wrote a little short (5 pages) about life during the covid-19 crisis, with lots of characters.
People order pizza during the covid-19 pandemic.
If you'd like to shoot a DIY scene at home, please let me know and if selected, I'll send you the script.
- Gender and age swapping is fine; anybody can play anybody in this film.
- Shoot at home; smartphones are fine.
- Feel free to adlib or alter the character’s speech patterns to suit your hometown; I’ve used some Australian slang, but change it however you like.
- Props and costumes can be swapped out for the sake of convenience, as long as it doesn't mess with the story.
I'd like to get several submissions for each scene, as there is a big shared experience thing happening right now and I'd like to cut it in such a way that emphasises the universality of it all.
If you send me what you come up with by 15th April, as long as the audio, visuals, and story elements are clear, there's nothing inappropriate about the submission, and you’ve signed a release form, I’ll use your footage in the film.
The film is to share on the interwebs (YouTube, Facebook, etc.). My intention is to give us a sense of purpose during this pandemic.
Looking forward to working from home with you.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesDeadline: 15th April
Unpaid – this is a collaboration opportunity
Collaborations should create mutual benefit and are usually amateur, student or 'Time for Print' projects.
Anyone, aged 18 and over
- Acting experience: Previous unpaid speaking roles
Applications closed 16 April 2020.