The Indie Groove is a music talk show with the mission to bring lesser-known indie artists to light and importantly, share the love of good music and grow the music community across Australia and worldwide. We plan on doing this by recording live studio audience shows and releasing them on YouTube, whilst sharing them across social media platforms alongside a website.
The role will include the following:
• Creation of studio set for The Indie Groove talk show
• Sourcing of set elements with given budget
• Communicating with directors, producers and other members of staff
• Producing plans and drawings of sets
• Preparing set cost estimates and managing set budget
• Attending rehearsals and filmings
Skills needed include:
• Previous experience with set design
• If you have studied set design in any form – this is great!
• Any creative background – plus the more creative and idea-savvy you are the better!
• A genuine interest in, knowledge of and experience with visual arts, television, film or theatre
• Stamina, enthusiasm, and determination to succeed
• Incredibly creative and imaginative – confident and willing to put ideas forward.
• Works well under pressure and communicates efficiently
This can also go towards work experience or internship hours.
The role is initially a student project and UNPAID however as the show grows, as will the budget! This is an incredible way to show your support for the arts and entertainment industry as well as local artists!
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesAiming to shoot pilot in August or September. Shoots will occur once a month with rehearsals on Saturday and filming on Sunday.
This job is unpaid - WILL BE PAID ONCE SHOW IS SIGNED TO PRODUCTION COMPANY!
Production Set Designer
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 26 July 2020.