We are working on an important project with a a women’s social network who are on a mission to redefine outdated terminology around motherhood.
We want to identify the subtly sexist words women experience throughout each stage of motherhood.
In short, some women who are trying to conceive are being told they are “barren” and women falling pregnant at 37 are being called a “geriatric”. Cervix's are referred to as ‘incomplete’ and passed pregnancies as ‘failures’. Women are either ‘working moms’ or ’stay at home moms’.
These terms are no longer relevant and contribute to a culture that undervalues women. They are even used by our medical professionals.
We are looking to get as many (exhausted, infuriated) voices involved as possible and we would like to include women at all stages of this journey and highlight as many different ‘terms’ as possible.
We would love to cast women with real stories - Have you had any experiences that you’d be willing to share, regarding any terms that have made you feel uncomfortable or even infuriated?
- Social video for a well known mothering social network (for the US audience)
- 1 x Video will be posted across the brands social media channels late March / early April
- Looking to cast multiple real women with genuine American accents
- Self shooting w/c March 8th
- Talent will need to be able to self shoot on a iPhone X or newer
- Women who have experienced outdated/offensive terminology
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesVideo auditions ASAP
Shooting w/c March 8th
Fixed price of £500 - 1 x video post across brand social media channels and in app
Women with American accents
- Woman with experience around motherhood and outdated terms - Can be fiesty/loud 'I have something to say!' - Passionate about making positive change
Female, aged 25 and over
Applications closed 15 March 2021.