Royal X is a growing and thriving dance studio in Darwin and so we are on the lookout for fantastic and motivated dance teachers to join our team.
At Royal Existence our mission is to empower young people to be the best version of themselves and launch them into their creative purpose, using dance as the platform to do so. We believe we can achieve this by providing quality training, encouraging creativity and fostering a culture of family. We are governed by our core values of creativity, excellence, growth, integrity and unity.
If you share these values and care about instilling a lifelong love of dance in your students then we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a teacher experienced and/or qualified in one or multiple of these styles:
- Ballet (RAD)
- Hip Hop
Our Preschool program is READY SET DANCE & READY SET BALLET.
In this role, you may be responsible for students from as young as 2yrs and up to 18yrs. Hours are 15-20 hrs per week.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Has required experience and training.
- Contributes to a positive, encouraging and unified team environment.
- Prolific in work preparation and classroom management.
- Energetic from the moment you walk into the studio, till the moment you leave. You are patient, adaptable, nurturing, invested in the student’s development and 100% present in the classroom.
- A role model that inspires our students to reach their goals and be the best person they are created to be.
- Possesses the ability and desire to integrate into our teaching team, manage a class, work independently and follow studio procedures.
- Creates and delivers content rich lessons to engage our dancers and develop their skills throughout the year.
- High level of technical and choreographic skills.
- Fancy some extra hours in admin? Let's chat to see if this is something you can also do as part of the team.
If you are eager to share your passion and think you are the right fit for the Royal X family, please email a cover letter and CV for our consideration. (Email provided upon application).
Hourly rates are determined according to the Fitness Award.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesOngoing employment
$30 per hour - Hourly rates are determined according to the Fitness Award.
Studio Dance Teacher
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 2 December 2021.