We have assembled a bond as filmmakers over the years and we work great together not just because of our skills but because of our overall attitude towards work. We don't see it as something we have to do it's something we love to do, anyone who applies will have to share that attitude and will need to understand it is very time consuming and requires a lot of effort. There will be a lot of projects we do without budgets or for free, there will be others with good budgets and attractive wages. You need to be totally committed to every job even if it doesn't pay well as that is how we will progress in this competitive industry.
We also aim to help and improve the filmmaking community in the North East not just because we are based in Durham but also because the industry just does not exist here. If you are from the North East you will be at the top of our lists. You will also need to be willing and able to come along to in person team meetings in Durham.
In terms of the roles we are looking for we are after everything outside of Directors and Writers as that is where we are already strongest. Priority roles we hope to find from this are:
- Someone to handle the admin and management side of the team. You will be contacting clients, business's, keeping our projects on schedual and arranging anything we need for shoots. This is the most important role we need to fill.
- Camera and lighting crew, we do have people capable on camera but it is not the job they specialise in. We would love a camera op to come on board and take up that spot.
- Sound crew is an area that nobody in the core team is skilled in so we are very interested in anyone who can come on board with us here.
- An editor is a role we are fairly comfortable in but could improve upon. This does not just mean video editing it also means editing graphics and images. We would prefer not to have remote editors as we like to edit our work in person together.
- A photographer is needed to take bts pictures which we can upload to our website and social medias as well as work on any professional jobs where photography is needed.
Besides the roles already mentioned there are probably a few we are forgetting or haven't thought about so please still apply if your role is not listed.
Final note (Sorry for the massive amount of text) Applicants please only apply if you have no issue getting to Durham on a weekly or fortnightly basis as well as virtual calls. You will also need to be willing to work on certain projects for free. We would also ask that you be in your late teens or twenties as the core team right now age between 21-28 so we would like to keep that friendship vibe that has helped our work.
We will give more detail upon contact about how we run the team and how any money we earn is divided but it is pretty much equal between us all.
Thank you for reading through this massive and overdetailed ad and we hope you apply.
Payment TBC - Pay per job
The owner of this listing has agreed to abide by the UK National Minimum Wage Act. Find out more
Camera crew, editors, producers etc we want any and all job roles
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 6 November 2021.