The series explores the themes of family, community and social and political injustices.
We reward you with copies of your episodic broadcasts as well being part of an innovative exciting project where you can develop and enhance your performance skills working alongside industry professionals.
LIVE Performances on the radio are always every Friday between 4.00pm – 6.00pm in Peckham South London.
how to apply:
Please let us know which Friday you'd like to visit the studio (25th January, 1st, 8th 15th, or 22nd February) to see the rehearsal process in action, b) see the episode being broadcast live, and c) willing stay around afterwards with others for a discussion on how we can include you in the series.
What to do now.
· Let me know if you still interested in being involved
· Let me know which date suits you best
Things to do/think about before attending the studio:
• If you’re selected to work with us, you must be available on Friday afternoons 4pm – 6pm to work with us in Queens Road Peckham
• Familiarise yourself with the concept of ‘dramatic improvisation’ the ability to create ‘naturalistic’ scenes that can heighten the drama and also aware of things an improviser can do that spoils/ruins a scene.
• Familiarise yourself with the concept of Augusto Boal’s Forum Theatre.
If cast in the series you will need to be available on Fridays (when your available) between 4.00pm – 6.00pm in Peckham.
If you have any questions just let me know.
Principals guiding our work:
Dramatic improvisation is a big house and lots of different things go on in there. The work we do is outside comedic improvisation. There will be certain conventions that we will use in this project that you need to be familiar with. We focus on a set of basic skills or aptitudes within improvisation for example Tension, Focus and Attitude
All performers will be able to get copies of their reel.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production dates25th January, 1st, 8th 15th, or 22nd February
Unpaid – this is a collaboration opportunity
Collaborations should create mutual benefit and are usually amateur, student or 'Time for Print' projects.
All advertisers agree to abide by the UK National Minimum Wage Act and are responsible for defining the nature of their production and any payment requirements. Find out more.
Roles will be devised with director in studio
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 1 June 2019.